Thread: Rodney Davies signs with Reds

vCash

Rodney Davies signs with Reds

Rodney Davies signs with Reds

Young Brisbane Bronco Rodney Davies has agreed to a two-year deal to join the Queensland Reds as a winger-fullback from next season.

"He is very fast and he complements the team we are putting together for next season," Reds coach Phil Mooney said.

"He will be coming from a professional environment at the Broncos and that will have helped his development since he played rugby for the Australian Schoolboys."

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...39,23774182-50 03411,00.html

And a article form earlier in the year about him

Davies name to remember

THE Broncos could face a repeat of the Berrick Barnes cross-code tug of war if Rodney Davies goes anywhere near realising his potential this year.

Like Barnes, Davies is a graduate of Ipswich Grammar and an Australian Schoolboys rugby union representative.
    And like Barnes, Davies has elected to play league in his first year out of school despite concerted efforts by the Queensland Reds and the ARU to keep him in the 15-man code.

Davies name to remember | The Courier-Mail

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Some people have pretty big tabs on the kid, is super quick and pretty good with his hands as well.

Champion
    vCash
    Can he or has he played for the Broncos or is he playing for there feeder side in the Queensland Cup ? haven't heard of him...

TOCC, what's happening at the broncs (its my team !!) Hamment's gone next year, Lockyer talking to europe, half the team's injured, there falling over each other to get back to the top, where they were at the begiining of the season.

vCash
    no i dont believe Davies has debut'd for the Broncos yet, i read some articles that mentioned he goes alright for the feeder side, mostly they make a note of how fast he is.

I dont know what is going on with the Broncos, they are my NRL team as well, i have a some affection to the Storm and Titans as well though. I havent being able to watch any of there games for a couple of months because im in the middle east and they dont show NRL(thank christ i still get S14 though).

Usually the Broncos are great at bringing new talent through, but they seem to have started to doubt themselves the last couple of years buying more and more players from other clubs, which i think has hurt there salary cap. Players who are brought up through a clubs juniors tend to get paid less then a player who was contracted from another club.

vCash
    Hopefully he can start in the team and if hes half as good as Latham then he'll be good!!