Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Joondalups future to be decided at next rwa meeting

Apprentice
    vCash

Joondalups future to be decided at next rwa meeting

The future of jbros will be decided by where they play there home games

option 1 reserve grade teams from premier club travel to area once a year to play jb
    option 2 jb play on friday night at home or at away club
    option 3 jb play home games in rocky

if option1 id say theyd finnished between 6-8th
    if option 3 dead last and lose 25- 40% of there player due to much travel

i guess we will find out

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ben hur View Post
    The future of jbros will be decided by where they play there home games

option 1 reserve grade teams from premier club travel to area once a year to play jb
    option 2 jb play on friday night at home or at away club
    option 3 jb play home games in rocky

if option1 id say theyd finnished between 6-8th
    if option 3 dead last and lose 25- 40% of there player due to much travel

i guess we will find out
    I can't imagine option 3 ever happening..

Champion
    vCash
    The whole draw this season has no logic. We play our first 3 games away and then play the next 3 at home. Everything seems to be all over the place

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Option 3 is the only sensible, least disruptive way to go.

This isn't just all about Joondalup.

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Veteran
    vCash
    [please read in the angry, agitated tone the it was written in]

fuck i am sick of you whingers! i bet you all wanted perth to get a team, but they had no established players, didn't have any supporting competition at an appropriate level and where a long way to travel to. but, drive an extra 30 minutes to get to joondalup without a few of your buddies and it boo-hoo mummy mummy! they are also STILL cellar dwellers, yet to make areal mark on the competition, yet you want Joondalup to be title contenders in their first year in res/prems.

deal with it, grow the competition, give the northerners more than one season to come up to scratch. know when you will be in joondalup for the one game a season, and work your players out from there. as everyone seems to think, they will be easy beats of the season, so take your reserve grade players backing up for prems away, put in some 3rd graders into the reserves, and hey presto. you have a win without sacrificing your prem team.

you know what, i play way down the grades, but we still travel away from our other teams, no reserves, no proper strapping, no after game drinks with the rest of the team, no games to watch and cheer pre/post game. but hey we got to play, and in a number of instances still get into the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Option 3 is the only sensible, least disruptive way to go.

This isn't just all about Joondalup.
    Don't be an idiot. it is a 180km round trip form the joondalup ground to iluka, every second week. way to grow the game buddy.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post

Don't be an idiot. it is a 180km round trip form the joondalup ground to iluka, every second week. way to grow the game buddy.
    I think he was taking the p*ss or trolling... but yeah I agree with you, Joondalup need help to grow not hindrance. If it means other clubs having to travel a bit more for 2 seasons before Joondalup enters Prems then so be it. It's not the end of the world.

vCash
    If you'll drive down to busselton for a holiday. You can all drive to joondalup for a game. Watch the flying headbutts though.

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    I think he was taking the p*ss or trolling... but yeah I agree with you, Joondalup need help to grow not hindrance. If it means other clubs having to travel a bit more for 2 seasons before Joondalup enters Prems then so be it. It's not the end of the world.
    quite possibly, but it irks me no end about the club land/joondalup moaning.

Appologies Fulv if it was indeed tongue in cheek, otherwise, the comment stands

Apprentice
    vCash
    quite possibly, but it irks me no end about the club land/joondalup moaning.

Appologies Fulv if it was indeed tongue in cheek, otherwise, the comment stands
    Surely not option 3 that be a disaster for joondalup if option 1 or 2 or a bit of both they will be quite competive i think theyve signed up a couple of good coachs and a few more players. most 1 st. side take 4 fresh reserves some even take 7 fresh

Veteran
    vCash
    also, Welcome Ben. Hope you enjoy TWF! are you also here for the force banter?

Champion
    vCash
    My support for Joondalup to play top level is well documented and again I say look at the draw, it is all over the place. That was the point I was making, not bagging Joondalup at all and Fulvio's comment was obviously done tongue in cheek.You are obviously looking forward to the season Palitu to expend some testosterone

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    My support for Joondalup to play top level is well documented and again I say look at the draw, it is all over the place. That was the point I was making, not bagging Joondalup at all and Fulvio's comment was obviously done tongue in cheek.You are obviously looking forward to the season Palitu to expend some testosterone
    not so much your comment Westy, you are typically fairly level headed with pros/cons. it was all fulv's comment, which led me on my merry rant.

yep, been out a couple of years, living in Karratha, so looking forward to this season!

vCash
    not so much your comment Westy, you are typically fairly level headed with pros/cons. it was all fulv's comment, which led me on my merry rant.

yep, been out a couple of years, living in Karratha, so looking forward to this season!
    You got to remember not to feed the troll!

Player
    vCash
    A premier clubs reserve would have to travel to joondalup once a year surely cant be that big of a deal if rugby wa cant expect joondalup to travel to rockingham for 'home games' i agree ben hur most 1 st grade teams have at least 3 fresh reserves with only a couple of. backing up from 2s i do like the sound of friday are the lights any good at joondalup

vCash
    it's the taser that follows it that really hurts

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast