Thread: Turner foresees shift to fullback

vCash

Turner foresees shift to fullback

LACHIE Turner is waiting in the wings for another opportunity with the Wallabies, but his long-term ambition is to emulate former Test great Joe Roff and move to fullback.

Turner made his Test debut on the wing in the Wallabies' 40-10 win against France in Brisbane last July, but he has not figured in any of the Australian team's games since.

However, with Lote Tuqiri in doubt for the Bledisloe Test against the All Blacks in Hong Kong next month because of a knee injury, Turner is in the running for the number 11 jersey.

"I didn't even think I was going to get one game. To get that one was really exciting. The prospect of getting a second and maybe a third on this spring tour is quite exciting for me," Turner said.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...-23217,00.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

vCash
    hmph. he screwed up big time on his debut. i would say make him wait a while longer but we are still so very short of fullbacks at the moment. i dont think he is looking at the position. i reckon at the moment for the tour our back three will be
    mitchell 11
    hynes 14
    aac (YUCK) 15

there might be a spot for him on the bench. but if lote is fixed then drew will probably have that bench spot, even though he deserves to START!

can we clone latham or something?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry