Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Booing

vCash

Booing

Happy mentioned it in the Brumbies game thread, but I thought I'd start a new thread because it astounded me.

Last night was the first time I can recall a general groundswell of booing a Force player. It happened in the second half when the comeback was in full flight, the Brumbies rattled and we scored two tries from ball retention and passing it wide.

Ben Seymour put boot to ball with another aimless brain dead midfield kick that gave hard won possession straight back to the Brumbies. The calls of derision that have increasingly accompanied such kicks for the first time turned to boos. and more joined in for it to become a definite crowd boo.

Shame on us sea of blue, he is a 20yo kid having a bad game, and under pressure resorted to what had been drilled into him by that idiot Richard Graham. But RugbyWA take note, the supporters are not happy, do not have limitless patience, and are not stupid.

Hopefully that kick will be our nadir, I now suspect we will be flogged in NZ but we the supporters won't be subjected to it first hand.
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Criticism is criticism. It can be taken constructively or negatively. I didn't boo but I made a wincing face gesture with nearly every kick. I have come to the conclusion that the sort of kicking we are seeing - mostly non tactical, un -pressured and meekly surrendering possession- would not be happening unless it were allowed and promoted by the coaches as the default plan. I see it as a confidence thing. It seems to be a case of " we are gong to cough up the pill, so let's cough it up a little further away" I would rather see the ball being run up and if we lose it so be it. Better than kicking it away.

vCash
    Fair comment. I actually didn't hear any boos myself but plenty of cat calls, groaning etc. If it's just a spur of the moment thing brought on by frustration at the aimless tactics, I'm not too worried. I can't EVER see the sustained booing as the players leave the ground, a-la-Tahs supporters.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Even I, a lady?!?, have resorted to the F-bomb this season when seeing the Force kicking away possession time and time again! Can't win a single point without possession dammit!!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    To be fair. Some of those kicks are tactical. We had 3 of the best pilferers in the S15. If they come back to our line in counter attack, one on one we have a pretty fair chance of getting the ball back. Unless the ref is Ian Smith.

vCash
    Yeah I heard the booing, from where I sat in E4 it seemed to be coming from the right, perhaps shed?

I don't personally like booing our own, I think it makes us look like Tahs fans and that would be a fate worse than death, but really the frustration in the crowd was justified, somebody needs to hear it. Every kick went to one of the better counterattacking players in oz rugby at the moment (Speight and Mogg certainly) and generally in good field position. I think I called run the ball about fourty times last night........to be fair though, the one that really shredded my larynx was when Cummo picked up that ball at about 25 minutes and essentially said f@*k this, running through Jesse Mogg to set up our first play in their half. After that, the cheer that resounded when HB took the ball outstripped any booing (and I think it was the whole crowd, not just me)

Nick was the only player last night who had any confidence to run at the line......MOM for me!

C'mon the

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Fair comment. I actually didn't hear any boos myself but plenty of cat calls, groaning etc. If it's just a spur of the moment thing brought on by frustration at the aimless tactics, I'm not too worried. I can't EVER see the sustained booing as the players leave the ground, a-la-Tahs supporters.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    It got to the point where every time Seymour started to kick the ball, I'd put my head in my hands and not look. I don't think I cried, but there definitely were sobbing sounds coming from block E10 last night.

(And now I worry that if Nick Cummins keeps playing well, then one of the other franchises will be after him also.)

vCash
    Ditto to Cummins being man of the match!! Who was it by the way???

vCash
    I'm f@cked if I can work out why he isn't still starting 13 with Sam Wara on the right.wing. If that bloke isn't a good finisher then I've been watching this game for 50+ years and still can't spot one. Dead Set.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Even I, a lady?!?, have resorted to the F-bomb this season when seeing the Force kicking away possession time and time again! Can't win a single point without possession dammit!!
    Exactly. It amazes me, that even at international level you get players that continually kick away decent possession time and again. Up and unders against the All Blacks in the vain hope that one day, one of back 3 may actually drop a ball...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hertryk View Post
    Ditto to Cummins being man of the match!! Who was it by the way???
    Pretty sure I read somewhere that it was the Honey Badger.

vCash
    It was Cummins if you paid attention to the big screen at the end of the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    Hard to see anything thestate I was in!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    Oh, that's where I read it. Thanks Beige.

vCash
    Nick was man of the match and well deserved, Wallaby group selection has to be near.

Nalanga showed some real metal in the second half as well, wish we could have seen more of it all season, he showed glimpses in the Lions match as well. A bit too late now, we really need to be able to hold onto Internationals longer than a year (Shame on you ARU).

I did not hear booing but more groaning, myself included, point taken that we need to kick at times but I think it was just the crowd getting back into the game and enjoying the running rugby that we lacked all season and with only twenty or so minutes left for us at home this year we wanted to get the side home, it was not really what I would call a "Warratahs" boo or groan. They get that when they do not thump the opposition irrespective of what is happening in the match

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast