Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: RWC 2007

vCash

RWC 2007

According to the countdown timer on the home page, rwc 2007 kicks off in 341 days, is this correct? as i'm led to believe that it kicks off early september (7th, france vs argentina), anyway we've got our tickets for the group games. On another note, i don't know how many people on the forum are planning to make the trip, the welsh accomodation is very reasonable, but the french cities (lyon, montpellier, bordeaux) are well expensive!!! but i supose its only once every four years!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I'm nagging my dad; but he won't budge. He might go with a few mates from SA though. If South Africa can pick their number one team, without any political CRAP then I feel they are in with a chance.

Every forwards dream is to become a back...

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I will to be there - I am campaigning various members of TWF to come with me !!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slomo
    According to the countdown timer on the home page, rwc 2007 kicks off in 341 days, is this correct? as i'm led to believe that it kicks off early september (7th, france vs argentina)
    Right you are! The day and month got transposed to 9/7/2007 as opposed to 7/9/2007 .... oops Fixed now

vCash
    lol i was going to go ... I had a loan all sorted ... all i had to do was sign the papers ... but then ... i bought a $30,000 car instead ... yeah ... my bad! lol! but Im glad the next world cup will be in NZ ... closer to home! lol I will be going to that one !!! ... mind you ... if i win lotto between now and september next year ... I will def be on my way to france !!!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonzy
    lol i was going to go ... I had a loan all sorted ... all i had to do was sign the papers ... but then ... i bought a $30,000 car instead ... yeah ... my bad! lol! but Im glad the next world cup will be in NZ ... closer to home! lol I will be going to that one !!! ... mind you ... if i win lotto between now and september next year ... I will def be on my way to france !!!
    At worst you will still be able to trade your ($30,000) car in 2011 for a ticket to RWC, $5,000 should cover it....aint nothing like a depreciating asset

vCash
    great idea!!! i am so there muhahaha

vCash
    yeah dad and i were going to make the big trip over there but it's in the middle of a semester of uni and it was so incredibly expensive!
    Like you Lonzy i'm stoked it's in NZ for 2011 (wow that sounds so far away). Much easier to get over there and have family friends we can stay with.
    oh and shaun... politics or none i don't give the boks much of a chance at all.. hehe.

I made Happy sad...

vCash
    What sorta car you got Lonzy?

I'm still thinking about going. Lie a few others I'm more likely to go over for 2011.

vCash
    uh oh... the car talks are starting again...

I made Happy sad...

vCash
    Jessc, if you really think the boks stand no chance if political crap does not get in the way, you should consider re- thinking. A mate of mine from South Africa was telling me today he found out that for the 2007 or 2011 World Cup they want an 80% black team and a black team. Now Australia had the biggest cry when we did not allow blacks to play even if they were good enough, why don't they do it now because it is the same thing except visa versa! The minute this happens good bye South African rugby, it will turn into the crap of Zimbabwean rugby....

Every forwards dream is to become a back...

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Hey dude: ive mentioned this before. You are the rainbow nation.When you start to handle non white dudes playing for your country the sooner you will start to be a influence again. The future is mixture of white/black Africans.Not purely to be seen as a only white South African game.SARU should be putting in truckloads of resources to promote the game in potential areas(you know where) and not the FORCE while on tour.

vCash
    ok shaun i was only having a laugh...

personally i find it incredibly sad that a sporting team can be subject to so much politics, especially when it is on a racial level. so while this is not the most ideal way to select teams and coaching staff I feel that no amount of complaining about it will change anything. I have some very close friends that have had to come and live in Australia because of the situation in SA and as sad as it is, racial politics is heavily influencing the people, so it is therefore expected that is will play a big role in sporting team selections.
    Their international rugby team is not only representitive of the best talent there is in the country, it is also a representation of the nation's political views. Have an all white team, people will talk. Have an all black team, people will talk.
    I don't for a second envy those who have to make the decisions as to who gets in the team. That would be tough, so tough.
    So Shaun I have a great deal of respect for the Boks, I do. Was only pulling your leg just for patriotism's sake.
    Politics could and is, in the process of bringing down SA rugby, but my view is that while the nation is in political dissarry, their rugby team is obviously going to be subjected to it, and thus influencing player selections.
    But continue to give them your support Shaun. If Australia don't win the RWC in 2007 I would actually love to see it go to the Boks... I've heard stories from my South African mate how special it was to the people, when you won in... '95 was it? It would be an amazing thing for SA rugby but more so the SA people.
    I just don't want to see it go to the Poms or the Kiwis... '4 more years boys' is just too much fun to wind them up with.

Hmm... can't believe i got so deep so early in the morning... excuse my spelling mistakes... i just woke up

I made Happy sad...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessc
    ... If Australia don't win the RWC in 2007 I would actually love to see it go to the Boks... I've heard stories from my South African mate how special it was to the people, when you won in... '95 was it? It would be an amazing thing for SA rugby but more so the SA people.
    I just don't want to see it go to the Poms or the Kiwis... '4 more years boys' is just too much fun to wind them up with...
    Awww, c'mon Jess! Surely you'd be supporting the Scots if the Aussies don't win in 2007...??!!!

vCash
    I know, I know.. was a bit of a shock for me to realise I would actually not be opposed to the Boks taking the whole thing out... as much as i would love to honour my english, scotish and irish heritage, it just wouldn't mean as much for those countries to win as it would if SA won.. (well.. i definitely don't want to see England win! Anyone else but them!)

you understand don't you jedi?

I made Happy sad...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast