Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dub_C (Wesley College)

Champion
    vCash

Dub_C (Wesley College)

Well I know it’s off season but I'm still boasting about Wesley’s turn around in yr9. When we had our yr8 1st XV I think we won 3 games the whole season. In half to games not even scoring! Now a new season, a new coach (and we were minus most crap players who got the message after some friendly rucking). And what’s more we recruited to fastest boy in the PSA for our age. Last season our new coach (our headmaster) made some harsh analyzes after our scratch match against scotch where we won 8 tries to 5 or something. We didn’t have any structure, not many skills and were unfit. So with these 3 key points to work on we set off on what was going to be a long season.

First game came around against scotch and we were slaughtered 34-7. (Extra two points from my spectacular conversation from touch ) we thought we were in for a long season. Same as the last. Our next hurdle Aquinas arch rivals. Going into this match our goal was to at least score a try. Score tries we did. 21-15 final score. This game unearthed the raw talent of Julian 'julz' kii. He was fast very fast he could step he could weaver he cut up Aquinas’s defense. Now the next few weeks we played well. But nothing would take away the fact that we had a draw against hale. 15-10 with 5 to go. We score. Now with 2 minutes left I face every kickers dream. To win the game. But I missed it was a draw. Now most people say you get nothing out of a draw but I disagree. We were so happy with the result.

Guildford. Beat us the season before 54-12. Came into this game confident. We were up 19-14 Julian looked like scoring his hatrik. Smash head high shot knocked him out cold. Lowest point of the season seeing Julian out cold. He did not wake for 3:57mins. And took about 10minutes to get off the field. Now when this happened. Guildford went behind the try line and had a chat. where as my brilliant captaining skills I got us a couple of rugby balls and we kept moving, next play we scored seeing this happen to julz spurred us on to win 40-14

But we looked forward to our next challenge - SCOTCH.

We came into this game without our leading try scorer julz. He wasn’t aloud to play for one more week. With the memories of being smashed by them. We went into this game fully prepared. 0-0 halftime. We were buggered for the first time all year we were giving it all 100% from everyone! Start of the second half. They get a cheap try easily converted. 15mins pass. They have a lineout 7m from our line. They called this move where they have 10 people in there lineout and drive it. The whole game they tried this with no success. But this time 10 v 4 of course they score. 12-0 7minutes to go. There coach makes a few changes. Try there whole tight 5! And half there backline. Now I knew they had more then 7 reserves so I asked the ref. he went and talk to there coach. Then in turn he had to get our coaches permission to have more then 7 reserves. But instead he asked in a cocky voice 'can I put my b team on now.' this pissed off our coach and our team. I had us in a huddle and obviously used this to motivate us. We were running on adrenaline. Scrum down backs ball line break tackled 8m short. Pick and drive pick and drive. Penalty! Hands in the ruck. I had to chose a scrum we needed 2 tries. Off the back our 8 scores. 7 in from touch, kicking (we were playing at Neddies foreshore) with a swirly breeze without thinking I kick and kick true.
    I ask how long left when running back to my position. 'Last play' I was told. Kick off made. We get it pick and drive. PENALTY 'hands in ruck'. I knew no time left. Quick tap. Cut up 4-5 forwards simple draw and pass to our prop turned winger and he had a 67m sprint to the try line. He was going to get there. But instead of centering the ball seeing his moment of glory he did a specky swan dive in the corner leaving me a kick to win the game. I was on the side of the field with all the Scotchies. Somehow I got the ref to shut up them up. Line it up. Kick it. Perfect timing. Clean, crisp. Then the f@#*ing breeze picked up from no where. And in the last few meters pushed it to the left. 12-12 fulltime score.

Highlight of the season so far but we were in for a treat against hale another come from behind. After the first minute hales winger scored. I thought to my self we were in for a long game. The rest of the half was scrappy. Scrappy defense to cover everything being thrown at us. But last play of the half scrum halfway backline move ends with the ball with julz and he has a sprint to the line. 5m he was going to b nailed but now nearly played a season he knew to step inside. 7-5 halftime. Rest of the next half was like this 5 to go penalty directly in front. I had a chose get the points, have a scrum mount an attack. Or a tap when there line is set. 'White line fever' took over quick tap, a dummy I score without being touch! 12-7 fulltime score!

So we finished off the season 3rd below scotch and the winners trinity! Wesley and trinity in season 2005 finished 5th and 6th respectively. And in season 2006 finished 1st and 3rd. big turn around! Next year big year. And I expect a crowd when we play our night games n Fridays!!!!! Season 2007 Hale v Wesley.....Shaun v Hayden (pruc; me)

Yours in rugby,

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by pruc; 05-01-07 at 06:37.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Maintain the rage.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    GO SCOTCH GO!!!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Champion
    vCash
    pffffft dub_c area!!! go make ur own scotch page lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    GO SCOTCH GO!!!
    You said it, Burgs!

I can tell you wrote it haydn because it has such bad English!!

Sorry that was mean wasn't it..

vCash
    Pot? Kettle?

Great up-date but it pains me to see the poor grammar etc!

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

Champion
    vCash
    sorry. i didnt proof read. that took me 20 minutes to write. then my computer froze so i had to re-do it. really i'm not bad at english;grammar. english is one of my best subjects. not that any cares.

Happy now everyone? all mistakes correct (I hope)

Last edited by pruc; 04-01-07 at 09:47. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

vCash
    Going into year 9 we lost our then fastest kid in PSA to footy... He is not the fastest kid in PSA anymore he is second now to your winger. Anyways Season 2007 could be great; or crap. It all depends on the coach next year for Hale. To pick players in the right posistions and work on areas such as kicking at flyhalf!!! Our Flyhalf cannot kick and therefore we have to run the ball for our own falf constantly under pressure. CARN HALE!!!! WE CAN DO IT!

Every forwards dream is to become a back...

Champion
    vCash
    haha ur kicker sucks! we will get smashed our winger - fastest guy in the psa is going back to footy proberly. wot a waste. and if we too dont get a good coach we will get smashed. our team isnt the most committed.

btw shaun look in at my pic gallery. more pics from hale v wesley game.

Last edited by pruc; 05-01-07 at 11:28. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

vCash
    Yeah, footy is a f%$! Anyways I'll go check the gallery! I'm usually not in the pictures because of posistional play... but let's wait and see...

Champion
    vCash
    yep. because ur a pretty boy back!

vCash
    Let's not start this one again... Backs vs Forwards senario....

Champion
    vCash
    forwards are more important. forwards can play in the backs cant play in the forwards

Last edited by pruc; 05-01-07 at 12:48.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    And away we go again

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Pfft as if...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast